We are looking for young people aged 12-30 to become members of our Journalism and Editorial Team.
This role will include the following:
- Contributing to the 99percent websiteby writing articles, news stories and opinion pieces;
- Work with our media partners Kiss FM and METRO to increase awareness about the campaign and its message
- Seeking out new content for the website and making decisions about content;
- Conducting interviews with young people (by pen or by video) that can be uploaded on the 99percent website;
- Have your own profile on the website with information about why you support the 99percent campaign;
- To meet as an editorial team to decide on content for the website and discuss the direction and future of the campaign as a whole and to act as a sounding board for new ideas.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Holly firstname.lastname@example.org 07833224442
About the 99% Campaign
The 99% campaign is a pan-London, youth-led, collaborative initiative that sits within the charity,Independent Academic Research Studies (IARS)and aims to make London a safer, more inclusive and cohesive place for all. To this end, through the 99%:
- “Disadvantage thinking” about young people is addressed and positive stories are promoted
- Perceptions are tackled; and
- New youth opportunities are created while current opportunities are highlighted and enhanced by making them part of a kite-marking, partnership movement that uses the 99% brand to recognise high quality positive engagement youth projects within the objectives of the 99%.
On the 1st April, IARS was entrusted the 99% initiative and has put together a Core Partners Groupand a list of Supporters and Sponsorsto enable the young people involved to run and manage it. If you would like more information on how to be involved contact the IARS Director, Dr. Theo Gavrielides, T.Gavrielides@iars.org.uk020 8133 8317