As a leading, international think tank, IARS carries out action research that is independent, credible, focussed and current. Our mission is to give everyone a chance to shape a safer, fairer and more inclusive society. To do so, the voices of our communities must be heard.
We do this by:
- Carrying out user-led research & policy projects on specific issues
- Responding to government consultations
- Producing policy e-bulletins and other awareness raising material
- Producing our bi-annual peer reviewed journal Youth Voice
- Hosting the Youth Policy Response Group.
- Hosting the 99% youth-led Campaign
- Hosting the Restorative Justice Research Network
Our areas of expertise have been restorative justice, criminal justice, human rights, education, citizenship, social inclusion, equality and public service provision.
We are known for our robust, independent evidence-based approach to solving current social problems, and we are considered to be a pioneer in user-involvement and the application of user-led research methods