IARS is looking for a Fundraising events assistant intern who will support the organisation with fundraising events for the Abused No More project with refugee and asylum-seeking women. The role will also involve exploring alternate fundraising options for the project.
IARS is a leading think tank with a mission to give everyone a chance to forge a safer, fairer and more inclusive society. We do this by producing evidence-based solutions to current social problems, sharing best practice, and by supporting young people to shape decision making.
Each role is designed to challenge the intern and allow them the chance to gain an insightful introduction to life within an international think-tank. This internship offers rich and high quality experience that will enhance future job prospects.
Role: Fundraising events assistant (intern)
Number required: 1
Start date: ASAP (after 19th January)
Days/ hours to volunteer: 1-2 days a week (flexible)
Duration: For 3 months with possibility for renewal
Expenses: Up to £12 a day for lunch and travel
Benefits: Training in the form of staff seminars, personal development plans, CV review scheme, guaranteed interview scheme when paid opportunities become available.
- Position would suit a graduate/postgraduate who is looking to pursue a role in fundraising or someone seeking commercial experience;
- Good IT skills, particularly excel and website content management systems;
- Good written, oral and communication skills;
- Work well independently;
- Able to take a proactive approach to undertaking further relevant tasks independently;
- Capacity to develop a strong overview of IARS’ work;
- Empathy with the aims and objects of IARS;
- Interest in migration, gender and refugee issues.
Application process: Applicants are requested to send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Please state “Fundraising events assistant (Internship)” in the subject line.
For more infromation plase see the application pack attachment.
Deadline: 12 January 2015
Interview date: 16 January 2015
|Internship Application Pack Fundraising events assistant FINAL.pdf||529.71 KB|