IARS has a strong reputation for its innovative approach to youth-led research. Our Research Methods training programme builds on that pedigree. Our programme has successfully enabled hundreds of young people and professionals who want to carry out youth-led research, to carry out robust qualitative research.
We also deliver our Research Methods programme for other organisations, including Youth Access, the British Council and the Young Foundation. Click here to find more about how to receive support for your organisation.
The IARS youth-led Research Methods Module
IARS young staff have a wealth of experience in delivering research methods training to young people aged 13-25 and are happy to develop bespoke training programmes to an organisation's needs. To enquire about IARS' training programmes, including costs, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For example see below a module is aimed at anyone wanting to carry out qualitative research with young people, especially to investigate social issues or inform project or service development.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Better understand the theory behind carrying out qualitative research
- Gain an understanding of the youth-led approach to research
- Understand what is different about conducting focus groups and interviews with young people
- Better understand the barriers young people face as research participants
- Be able to get the right information from young research participants
- Have a better understanding of how to analyse qualitative data
- Be able to conduct robust qualitative research efficiently
To make a payment for booking onto a module please click here and use the reference "Training". Please use the donation button to make your payment. The costs are heavily subsidised: Each module costs £100 for individuals referred by or working in private or public sector organisations, £60 for anyone else. If taking the IARS Certificate in Youth Policy then there is no charge for taking the modules.
For more information on this training course please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com