Learning outcomes: This course is divided into 9 different modules; each of which will help you to develop skills to enhance your socio-economic reintegration and employability.
Module 1: Personal Development
This module mobilises new energies and motivates participants by increasing their confidence. In this module, participants will task themselves with a goal and identifying the skills and qualities needed to achieve it. Then, they will be able to discover the resources they already have and to identify actions through which they can be acquired. The final output will be defining a realistic Action Plan to achieve the goal that was set.
- To set a simple map of your own resources that can be used to achieve the goal
- To learn how to set a goal to be achieved and to elaborate on an action plan
- To raise awareness about the need to define the situation, assess the personal resources that you have at your disposal and, eventually, ask for some help.
MODULE 2: Critical Thinking
In this module, you will have the opportunity to learn about basic critical thinking, see examples of analytical thinking and try it yourself. You will also learn about the importance of problem solving in your everyday life and how to go about this process, which can help you maximise your productivity and be more efficient in the workplace.
- To understand and learn the different ways of analytical thinking
- To understand the importance of problem solving in a working context
- To gain insight into the benefits of critical thinking at a workplace and how to improve it.
Module 3: Social Skills
In this module you will have the opportunity to learn about basic social skills, see examples of basic communication tactics, read relatable stories. You will also learn about the significance of empathy in the workplace while interacting with coworkers and potential employers, which can increase chances of being employed or being more included in the workplace.
- To understand and learn the different ways of effective communication.
- To understand the importance of communicating empathy in a working context.
- To gain insight into the benefits of social skills at a workplace and how to improve them.
Module 4: Civic Responsibility
The Module on Civic Responsibility provides you with basic information about the important role that you are expected to play to make changes within your community for the greater good. This will further serve to widen the relationships among you and others. It also helps nurture your sense of duty and responsibility towards your family, community and country at large, through a shared understanding of the value of rights, duties and responsibilities.
- To learn to interact with your community and develop communication and negotiating skills, make decisions, identifying needs and resources to support a cause etc.
- To develop a set of values, and sense of empowerment necessary to become an active citizen.
To develop a sense of identity meaning direction and purpose in life.
Module 5: Career Planning
The Module on Career Planning provides you with basic information about the importance of Job Search as the act of looking for employment and also the steps you have to follow to get the right job. This module explains what are the tools and how can you make use of them in order to achieve your goals regarding employment. It also helps you understand the importance and benefits of a job using your skills and personal experience. You will find advice and recommendations about interviews, CV writing, SM profile information.
- To learn how to career plan and realise your intentions and dreams
- To learn how to feel motivated and inspired
- To learn how to improve your job search whilst helping others
Module 6: Basic Project Management
This Module includes some basic information for learners to plan a project and manage their time to maximise their production. Learners have the opportunity to go through a brief description of managing a basic project, read about the successful elements that a person should have in order to manage a project and the steps of planning a project. In addition, a basic example of a project plan will be offered and learners will try to create a sample of their own work. The module also includes a unit on time management, which presents the benefits for a person to have good time management skills and helps learners to avoid wasting time by prioritising their tasks and creating effective schedules for their activities.
Following the completion of this module, learners should be able to:
- To define the basic steps for project management
- To create a basic project plan
- To identify the significance of time management and describe the process of time management
- To define at least 3 factors, which may lead to wasting time
Module 7: Basic Finance
This module gives the individual a better knowledge of finance in order to comprehend economic policies, market function and personal finance. Learners are given the tools to manage their personal finances. This provides learners with the opportunity to organise their life better, as they can save resources and find a balance between their earnings and expenses. The module also includes a unit on financial planning which emphasizes that, a better knowledge and comprehension of economy and finance leads to a more effective planning and management of an individual’s personal finance.
Following the completion of this module, learners should :
- To be aware of the basic financial terms and its functions
- To comprehend the basic functions of money and the banking system
- To understand the benefits of financial planning
Module 8: Digital Literacy
This module provides learners with basic information on “Web Browsers” and the ways one can use them to access the Internet and search for a variety of sources and critically evaluate them. In addition, the Module incorporates the ways that people use to communicate with others on the internet, especially via social media. Social Media and other forms of interaction are presented in the Module and explained thoroughly in order for young people to choose ways of communicating and expand their opportunities of finding a job through various online means.
- To identify and use at least 2 Web Browsers
- To critically evaluate the online sources
- To identify file extensions
- To download, create an account for and use at least two different social media platforms.
Module 9 – Enteprise
This module provides individuals with the opportunity to learn about the business/enterprise and identify the basic types and forms of business. Individuals will explore the term entrepreneurship, its definition, characteristics of a successful entrepreneur and what makes the term entrepreneurship very popular in modern business. The module also provides useful tips for young entrepreneurs so that they might become successful.
- To define enterprise and business
- To identify the basic business types and forms
- To learn about entrepreneurship and the most significant entrepreneurial skills