IARS Vacancy: Project Officer
The IARS International Institute is pleased to announce a vacancy for a Project Officer for our new youth-led project Children First – Addressing Gender Based Violence from the bottom-up. The post is offered under our IARS Associate Scheme. Successful candidates will be invited to a face-to-face / online interview with the IARS Founder and Director, Professor Theo Gavrielides. We are looking for an immediate start and there is no deadline to apply. We will consider applications on an ongoing basis.
We have a simple online application process via this link https://www.iars.org.uk/content/IARSassociate
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an ambitious and passionate individual with experience in project management, action research and writing and delivering youth-led training. You will have an interest in making a difference to the lives of young people locally, nationally and internationally. You will be conversant with research methods, including conducting focus groups and semi-structured interviews and delivering youth-led training. You will also have an interest in raising awareness on youth matters. A background in social justice, human rights and equality will be an advantage. IARS is an international NGO and thus we encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
The Role, the application process and our offer
The role involves working primarily on the Children First project, but you will also have the opportunity to contribute to other youth-led projects and work on initiatives and events, such as the youth-led 99% Campaign and Annual Youth Awards.
Our offer includes:
- 12 month consultancy contract (renewable and extendable depending on funding).
- £100 per day for minimum 2 days per month. (Travel, subsistence and other expenses will be covered separately and with advance agreement with IARS).
- CPD accredited online and face-to-face training on research methods etc.
- Fully funded bursaries to travel abroad, and across the UK.
- Excellent networking opportunities internationally including working in partnership with 15 organisations and governments from 10 European countries.
- Work directly with IARS’ Founder Professor Gavrielides.
The hours can be worked remotely and flexibly during the week.