We are recruiting trustees who can you help make our society fairer, safer and more inclusive
Are you looking for the opportunity to help develop a dynamic charity with a growing international reach and impact?
If that’s you, then why not join us.
We are currently recruiting for trustees who are committed to the values of user engagement and civic participation; restorative justice and dialogue; and individual empowerment and responsibility to join our Board of Non-Executive Directors (Trustees).
The successful candidates will work alongside the Institute’s staff, advisory boards and other fellow Trustees and Patrons, playing a pivotal role in shaping the strategic direction and future development of this successful charity who aim to make a real difference to young people and those who are marginalised.
· Assist in ensuring that the organisation pursues its objectives as defined in its governing document and legally operates
· Contribute actively to the Board of Trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
· Safeguard the good name and values of the organisation
· Represent the organisation at functions and meetings as appropriate
· Take collectively responsible for the actions of the organisation and other trustees
· Abide by all relevant policies and procedures
· Ensure the financial stability of the organisation
· Protect and manage the property of the organisation and to ensure the proper investment of the organisation’s funds
· Ensure the organisation is properly insured against all reasonable liabilities
· Assist in the appointment and support Senior Managers and monitor their performance
· Provide feedback on board papers, lead discussions, focus on key issues, provide advice and guidance on new initiatives
· Attend board meetings and sub-committee meetings as appropriate
· Participate in other tasks arising from time to time, such as interviewing new staff, helping with fundraising
What are we looking for?
· Demonstrated leadership and management experience
· A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to duties as a trustee
· Integrity and a commitment to the organisation and its objectives
· An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
· Good, independent judgement
· An ability to think creatively
· Willingness to speak your mind
· An ability to work effectively as part of a team
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent organisational skills
· Experience of working within the charity, voluntary and public sector
What difference will you make?
Your involvement will help us in achieving a fairer society, where young people and beyond; by helping us broaden awareness of our values and priorities and increasing our visibility across a wider audience.
Benefits of becoming a Trustee
You will be joining an active Board and your expertise will significantly help the organisation to reach their goals. You will play a pivotal role in shaping the strategic direction and future development of this successful charity who aim to make a real difference to young people and those who are marginalised. Finantial compensation to cover the time spent in preparation for and expenses of their attendance.
We are also looking for Trustees with specific skills in the following areas:
Trustee – Treasurer – click here for more details and to see the role description
Trustee – Marketing and Communications – click here for more details and to see the role description
Trustee- Corporate Fundraising – Click here for more details and to see the role description
If you are interested in joining the Board please send your CV, covering letter and IARS-diversity-monitoring-form-2020 to Dr Claire Bonham: firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 30th June.