Social media savvy?
Are you social media savvy?
Wondering if you can make a career out of it?
Maybe this volunteering opportunity is for you…
1. Communications Administration
- To assist in maintaining the CRM and website up-to-date
- To ensure that all personal data is kept securely according to GDPR policy and best practice
- To be responsible for keeping the IARS templates up to date (e.g. letterhead, annual leave forms etc.)
- To be responsible for the production, design, updating and commissioning of marketing material promoting IARS work and services such as banners, fliers, brochures, business cards and videos
2. Social media
- To Create dynamic written, graphic, and video content for the social media accounts of each IARS project
- To create posts, videos and other content for IARS and project-specific social media accounts, including the recording of audio content and visual animations. (training will be provided)
- To proofread and optimise content for better reach and engagement.
- To perform outreach activities such as tagging and stakeholder/influencer mapping
- To assist in the production of training materials on marketing and social media and research digital tools for digital marketing.
- To undertake design tasks such as web banners and social media posts etc. in CanvaPro to ensure a high standard for copy and content that meets our brand guidelines.
- To create a communications calendar that includes key national and international dates and project milestones
- To support the Communications Manager with the management of the 99% magazine website and social media
- To help the Communications Manager gather and report of relevant performance data to help evaluate social media activities
- Delivering primary response on social media channels
3. Other duties
- To respect IARS Equality and Diversity Policy as well as its founding values
- To work co-operatively with other IARS staff and Board members
- To treat with confidentiality any information about IARS members, users, staff and research that could be deemed as personal, private or sensitive
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required
Person Specification: Communications Administrator
Knowledge & Experience
Experience of using social media and creating content (required)
Formal or informal training on digital marketing or social media (required)
Experience of working with Google applications (required)
Experience of working with Hootsuite (desirable – trainning will be provided)
Experience working with Airtable for project management (desirable – trainning will be provided)
Experience with Scribe or any video editing platforms (desirable – trainning will be provided)
Experience using Canva (desirable – trainning will be provided)
Skills & Abilities
Good written, oral and communication skills (required)
Organised and able to prioritise tasks (desirable)
Good attention to detail (desirable)
Empathy with the aims and objectives of IARS and its values (required)
Self-motivated and willingness to learn online platforms and tools for social media, project management and GDPR (required -training will be provided)
Willingness to work independently (required)
If you would like to apply for this role please contact email@example.com