Learn while getting paid at IARS!
THE IARS INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE
Fundraising and Partnerships Development Officer (Paid Internship)
The IARS International Institute is one of the world’s leading user-led NGOs with an international mission to give everyone a chance to forge a safer, fairer and more inclusive society. We achieve our charitable aims by producing evidence-based solutions to current social problems, sharing best practice and by supporting young people and the community to shape decision making. We are recognised as a leader in creating new knowledge and forming public and expert opinion.
- By empowering marginalised individuals of our society through accredited training, educational programmes, mentoring and one-to-one support
- By acting as an international network of NGOs bringing together people and ideas to share best practice and engage in debates on current social problems
- By carrying out action research and evaluation that is independent, credible, peer-reviewed, user-led, focused and current
- By supporting individuals and grass roots organisations to carry out their own initiatives to shape decision-making and society, and by helping them to maximise their social impact
- By being an authoritative, independent and evidence-based voice on current social policy matters.
The IARS International Institute is known for its user-led robust, independent, evidence-based approach to solving current social problems. We are acknowledged internationally for our expertise in justice, equality and youth. We have delivered projects in areas such as restorative justice, rehabilitation, human rights and inclusion, citizenship, public services and user-led research evaluation.
Fundraising and Partnerships Development Officer (Internship)
Job Title: Fundraising and Partnerships Development Officer
Contract type: 1 year fixed-term contract
Location: IARS Institute Office, Bermondsey, London
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: Sunday 5th December
Start Date: This role must be taken up by 31st January 2022
- Fully-funded 1 year internship
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Up to 5.5% pension contribution
- Training bursary of up to £1000
We are looking for a Fundraising and Partnership Development Officer who will support with the research we put into grants, trusts and other funding bodies. We are looking for a flexible and highly motivated person with exceptional people skills who relishes the opportunity to support our work.
This post is funded by Jack Petchey Foundation as part of the Jack Petchey Internship Programme.
The role is split into three key areas (a) Fundraising (b) Programme and Partnership Development (c) Communications and Social Media,
The Fundraising and Partnership Development Officer will be line managed by the Fundraising and Partnership Development Manager and will work closely with office team.
Quote from another Jack Petchey intern
”My internship experience so far with both IARS and the Jack Petchey Foundation has been amazing! It has provided me with a great opportunity to start my career in the charity sector and have an impact at a small organisation”. By Sophia who is currently working with us.
This is a paid internship and is funded by Jack Petchey Foundation as part of the Jack Petchey Internship Programme.
- Conduct research into grants, trusts and other funding bodies and create a timetable for fundraising applications
- Be responsible for the accurate and up-to-date database records of grant-making trusts
- Support the Fundraising and Partnerships Manager in updating a funding pipeline document and preparing quarterly reports for Board meetings
- Assist the Fundraising and Partnership Manager in writing business cases to trusts, businesses and other organisations in order to secure funding
2. Programme and Partnership Development
- Support the Programme Manager in developing new programme ideas
- Conduct research into potential partners in the community and business sectors
- Develop and maintain corporate stakeholder map & database; identifying relevant industries and organisations that align with IARS mission
- Work with the Programme Manager and Fundraising and Partnerships Manager to develop tailored partnership proposals for prospective corporates, including volunteer events, and fundraising campaigns.
- Help plan and organise fundraising events
3. Communications and Social Media
- Assist in the promotion and administration of IARS’ events, conferences and training sessions
- Work with corporate partners and IARS Communications Team to share success stories from programmes
- Work with our social media officer to create posts, videos and other content for IARS including the recording of audio content and visual animations (training will be provided)
4. Other duties
- Undertake all tasks respecting IARS Equality and Diversity Policy as well as its founding values
- Attend and participate in internal IARS meetings including staff meetings
- Work co-operatively with other IARS staff and Board members
- Attend relevant training in order to fulfil the requirements of the job
- Treat with confidentiality any information about IARS members, users, staff and research that could be deemed as personal, private or sensitive
- Take part fully in the Jack Petchey Internship Programme and Mentoring Programme
- As part of this role, you will be part of the Jack Petchey Internship Programme with 25 other interns from different youth organisations in London and Essex. This development programme will involve you attending at a launch conference, a six-month update workshop, six professional development workshops through the year and a celebration event at the end of the programme. You will receive an extra training bursary of £1,000 for approved training. You will also be matched with a mentor from another organisation to support you in your professional development. The Jack Petchey Internship Programme training and events will take place in person (subject to covid restrictions) in London and you will be expected to take full part in this programme alongside your role at IARS.
Person Specification: Fundraising and Partnerships Development Officer (Internship)
ESSENTIAL / DESIRABLE
|Knowledge & Experience||IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Experience of working as part of a team
Experience of using social media and creating content
Experience of being involved in large-scale events such as conferences
Skills & Abilities
|Good written, oral and communication skills
Organised and able to prioritise tasks
High level of computer literacy
Good attention to detail
Good command of the English language
|Empathy with the aims and objectives of IARS and its values
A strong personal commitment to equality
Self-motivated and willingness to learn
Commitment to IARS values
There are two stages in the application process.
Please send: (a) your CV (b) a covering letter addressing the Person Specification and (c) the IARS Diversity Form to Dr. Claire Bonham, IARS Director via email@example.com
The application deadline for this stage is Sunday 5th December 11.59pm.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. We regret not having the resources to respond to unsuccessful candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a video interview in mid December and should be able to start working on the 31st January.
- There will be a formal interview and a short test to understand your skills and experience