Volunteering in Europe
WHAT IS ESC?
The European Solidarity Corps is an EU initiative which creates opportunities for young people in Europe who agree with and uphold its Mission and Principles. This programme is aligned with IARS’ ethos. We were set up by young volunteers from across Europe as the first EU-wide, youth-led network on equality matters. Our mission remains to empower young people and marginalised groups to participate in public life as equal citizens.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE ?
- Anyone who is 18 to 30 years old at the start of the placement, open minded, curious about other cultures, European values, learning a new language and motivated to help others!
- We will prioritise young people with fewer opportunities, who may face social, geographical or economic obstacles, health problems, disabilities, cultural differences or educational challenges.
- You don’t need to speak a foreign language but willingness to learn is a plus!
EUROPEAN SOLIDARITY CORPS VOLUNTEERING IN THE UK & ABROAD
IARS works as coordinating and supporting organisation for outgoing and incoming volunteers. We work in collaboration with other European partner organisations and together are able to provide meaningful and well-supported volunteering placements for our volunteers. We are currently recruiting volunteers for the following countries and cities:
- Greece – Athens
- Cyprus – Nicosia
- Romania – Craiova
The programme runs from 1st July 2020 to 1st January 2022. We will start to fill places up as suitable volunteers are identified and the activities will commence as soon as it is safe to do so. We are monitoring the situation very closely and keeping ourselves updated with the latest information from ESC and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO).
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The activities are structured within our well tested and simple civic engagement model, including a variety of online and face-to-face training, delivery of a social action project in the areas of human rights, equality, justice, youth policy, evaluation and accreditation.
The placements are for up to three months (88 days) and are full time with a five-day working week. Volunteers will accumulate two days off upon completion of each month (6 days in total).
The programme will contribute to all travel, accommodation and living expenses for the volunteers. This also includes linguistic support, insurance and any special assistance, where needed.
Flight costs will be reimbursed by IARS either to the volunteer’s sending organisation partner or to the volunteer directly (depending on arrangements).
The programme has an inclusion support fund to help young people facing psychological, educational, economic and social challenges.
WHAT DO VOLUNTEERS SAY ABOUT ESC?
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to be considered for a placement, please complete the application form and email it together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will have access to Online Linguistic Support (OLS), which is a free online language learning platform designed for Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps participants. With OLS, you can test your current level in the language you will use while you are abroad. Your results will not prevent you from taking part in an Erasmus+ or European Solidarity Corps mobility, but will give you access to an OLS language course! OLS complements face-to-face teaching, allowing you to develop your skills outside the classroom. It also provides you with collaborative and peer learning opportunities.
Travelling to Europe
Here are the travel opportunities as a part of YOU WEEN Project
Who is this for?
Youth workers and women entrepreneurs.All expenses covered.
- 1 travel opportunity for youth workers, in Poland, at CDR’s headquarters in Krakow, lasting 5 days (part of this training will be online in May, as agreed upon during the KoM, to allow youth workers to move forward with planned activities, such as coaching circles, while waiting to be able to do the f2f training).
- 1 travel opportunity for young women, in Lithuania, at the EFEKTO’s headquarters, also lasting 5 days.
For more information please contact Sophie Nicholas email@example.com